We’ll be participating in Conversations and Connections in DC on April 5. You can get the full schedule, speaker bios and such here.
For those of you who don’t know about Conversations and Connections, here’s a little rundown:
- The conference is held on April 5 in downtown Washington D.C.
- The conference is sponsored by Barrelhouse, the Potomac Review, and Johns Hopkins.
- The $70 registration gets you a book of your choice, a lit mag subscription, one ticket to speed dating with editors, and, for the first time in DC, boxed wine happy hour (sponsored by Submittable).
- Also a keynote with Marisa de los Santos.
- The majority of your registration money goes directly back to small presses, including the presses who published the four featured books, as well as the lit mag subscription, and $5 for the speed dating ticket (which goes directly to whatever mag/press did the speed dating). The rest goes to Barrelhouse to defray the cost of the keynote, and to help them do the things we do, which now include paying writers and printing books.
- The thing usually sells out, so hurry up and get registered.